Module Services is a a set of remote management tools for Gemalto M2M Modem-Terminals and Modules that help diagnose hardware and connectivity issues, and proactively manage the life-cycle of embedded applications and firmware. This helps reduce the overall cost of operations and keeps your assets secure no matter where they are in the world.
- Easy Over-The-Air Software Updates
- Predictive Maintenance to Maximize Device Up-time
- Module diagnostics with real time connectivity monitoring & status
- Module diagnostics to help find link quality issues
- Firmware management – find / update outdated modules
- Firmware management – Automated Operations on Large Device Fleets
How it works
Module Services is a Cinterion Module lifecycle management tool which requires no modification of your device or application.
A small client app – the ‘IoT Agent’ is pre-embedded in the Cinterion module. Once enabled the agent regularly connects to the Gemalto IoT Platform using a secure connection.
Built-in monitors watch the hardware and network to detect situations that could lead to service disruption and identify its root-cause.
The IoT platform logs the information from all devices in the fleet and presents this to user in a clear and ordered way.
Hosting & Security by design
Module Services for Gemalto Modem Terminals and Embedded modules is a hosted service provided by Gemalto. Security features include:
- All communications encrypted using TLS
- Elliptic curve certificates for authentication and encryption
- Strictly separated customer domains based on unique ID
- Detection of unauthorised SIM card exchange and RF jamming
- Hosting services comply with ISO-27001, SSAE-16 Type 2 and more
5-band 3G/HSPA + Quad-Band 2G/GPRS
RS232 Serial + Ethernet LAN with support for PoE + GPIO
EU & US versions: Dual-band 3G/HSPA + Dual-Band 2G/GPRS
RS485 Serial + USB 2.0 + GPIO
4G/LTE Cat-1 Versions coming soon
Gemalto M2M offer a free trial via their web site. The following link will take you to their web page with pricing & sign-up details to get started immediately .. Pricing & trial sign-up
Alternatively we can offer extended evaluation allowing you to fully explore benefits whilst developing your fleet with evolving applications. Contact us for further details